Wn217 Batterie Ste Anne Map 1210E
The Batterie Ste Anne was an old French fort built in 1853, and was originally
equipped with muzzle loading cannon to protect the western approach to
The German adapted the site to their own needs as they did with so many of the
Where the old cannon once stood the installed a large 150 cm searchlight
together with a type R502 personnel bunker which were very common in Normandy,
but this one has cupola mounted on top for observation purposes.
There was also an ammunition bunker type 607 alongside to service the four guns
installed alongside. They were 2 x 20 mm Flak plus a 50 mm KwK and a Renault
The site is no private property and the old headquarters used as a private
dwelling. All of the German works lie beneath a good layer of brambles.
Wn217 R607 - L2 - R502 - R501 - Vf x 2 - Vf/MG - 20mm Flak 30