La Judee was a more conventional battery and came under the command of the army.
This emplacement was equipped with four 105mm guns, Canon de Courtmle, these
were by Atlantic Wall standards modern guns being built in 1935.
They had a range of 20 kms, although according to some sources 155 mm guns from
the same maker were installed on this site.
The guns were housed in type H669 Casemates, as so many of the German gun sites
in Normandy were.
There is also
evidenced that the guns may never have been installed here before D-day.
The site was equipped with anti tank guns of 47 mm and 50 mm as well as 20 mm
anti aircraft cannons of 75mm. There is also an ammunition bunker under the farm
Not much now remains of the lighter concrete works, the land being returned to
its former use, although some of the site has now been built on.
The site is very peaceful now and one of the casemates are used for rearing
R669 x 4 105mm K331 x 4 Manned by 5/AR1709